Sweet Cherry Cream Cheese Spread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 200g of Kiri® original cream cheese spread (1 and a quarter tubs of 150g) at room temperature
- 3-4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup pitted sweet California Cherries
- Combine softened Kiri® cream cheese spread and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix it well using a fork, spoon, or whisk, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Chop the pitted cherries into small pieces and add them to the cream cheese-sugar mixture.
- Gently mix everything.
- Store in the refrigerator and use it as a sandwich filling or serve with bread, bagels or crackers.
Homemade Cherry Sauce
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups sweet California cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- In a medium saucepan (off the heat), add water. Whisk in cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Place over medium heat and whisk constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add pitted California cherries and cook stirring occasionally until sauce is at a light boil (about 6-10 minutes). The sauce should be thickened and uniformly bubbling, not just at the edges, then remove from heat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serve on any Natrel Lactose Free ice cream.
Makes 2 1/2 cups
Raspberry Walnut Yogurt Parfait
Servings: 4 | Baking Time: 5 mins
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups Astro Original Balkan vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Heat the California walnuts over low heat in a skillet to enhance the flavour and crunchiness. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Return to heat and continue cooking, stirring often until sugar crystallizes and sticks to the walnuts. Place the walnuts on a plate and allow to cool.
- Spoon about ½ cup of the Astro Original Balkan yogurt into 4 glasses and top with ¼ cup of raspberries in each glass. Repeat with the remaining yogurt and raspberries, then finish each parfait with ¼ cup of the cooled glazed walnuts sprinkled on top. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- If desired, garnish with mint leaves.
Visit walnuts.org for more recipes!